Having a "normal" Christmas this year was just what I needed. It's been 5 years since I've had a non-hectic, non-stressful Christmas to look forward to and it really was the best Christmas yet! Pretty much since Chad and I became a couple the holiday season has been somewhat chaotic for us. Each Christmas break he'd come home from college and his mom and I would battle over who got to spend time with him. Then, last year we were busy planning our wedding. Our honeymoon ended on Christmas eve, and when we got off our cruise ship we were so sad that we weren't going to spend Christmas with our family that chose to drive 6 hours to surprise everyone.
This year we were finally able to celebrate Christmas without any distractions. I felt like we celebrated the true meaning of Christmas more than any other year so far. And let me tell you, it felt good. Real good.
Christmas this year was simple. We spent time with family, we ate a lot of great food, and we spent time reflecting on the only really important gift we've received... Christ.
No comments:
Post a Comment