12.08.2008

The most wonderful time of the year!

It finally feels like Christmas...  Yesterday, Chad and I decorated the new place, and this whole week has been full of watching fun Christmas movies: Elf, The Santa Clause and my personal favorite, Love Actually.  Then to top it off, at Church they kicked off a new series called The Christmas Conspiracy.  During the service I couldn't help but think of how sad it is that during this time of year in our culture we celebrate things instead of the one thing that deserves celebrating.   

I think what I'm most excited for in the coming weeks is not all the gift giving, or gift getting.  It's not the decorations or the silly Christmas movies.  What I'm most excited for this year is to have a normal Christmas.  A Christmas not distracted by wedding planning.  A Christmas not all about extravagant gifts.  Instead, this is going to be a Christmas dedicated to spending time with family and remembering the true meaning of this time of year.

No comments:

my info...

My photo
Wife of an academic. Lover of wine, coffee and yoga. Occasional blogger.