11.16.2010

My Friday Night Ramblings.

I got out of bed this morning and turned on my computer to check my emails.  I knew it was going to be a good day when this was the first thing that popped up when I opened up Safari.


All I can say is it's about time!




Is anyone else as excited as I am that Carey Mulligan will be playing Daisy in the upcoming re-make of The Great Gatsby?  I love her and think she'll do a terrific job!


Speaking of movies, I'm looking forward to the new Harry Potter movie.  I've just started reading the series (finished book 2 today!) and they are thoroughly entertaining.  J.K. Rowling is brilliant.  She is so creative and such a good writer.  I'm really loving the series so far!


Last week I Skyped with Santi, his mom, Mary Lou and his boyfriend, Adrian.  It was good fun to sit around while we all talked and drank red wine.  They are my other family and I love them dearly.  Here are a few pictures I took while we we chatted...






 We've got a few last minute things to pick up before Thanksgiving next week.  Can you believe it's next week?!  I've ordered the rental chairs, planned out the entire menu and I've already put a pretty good dent in my grocery list.  Not too bad, huh?  


I hope everyone reading is having a wonderful week!  



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have to say, again, that I can't believe you are only just now reading the series!!! haha. at the same time, i'm a bit jealous because there just is nothing like reading the books for the first time. Magical. Have you seen all of the movies? This last one is absolutely brilliant.

Miss you!

my info...

My photo
Wife of an academic. Lover of wine, coffee and yoga. Occasional blogger.