11.03.2010

A busy month ahead.


My Thanksgiving issue of Bon Appetit Magazine FINALLY arrived in the mail this week.  I've been waiting all year for it and was so happy when it was finally sitting beautifully in my mailbox the other day.  So there you have it.  It is now officially November.  

November is always a busy month for us.  Lots of birthdays to celebrate this month,  and of course, there is the wonderfulness that is Thanksgiving.  Oh, and let's not forget about black Friday!  Thanksgiving has always been my favorite holiday.  The food, the family, the friends - All the things I love and appreciate most in this world.  I am particularly excited for Thanksgiving this year, because Chad and I will be hosting our families for the very first time.

Usually Thanksgiving is quite the fiasco for us.  Take last year for example:  Thanksgiving morning, we went to my parents house to watch the parade on TV.  After the parade, we went to Chad's moms house for an early dinner.  After Thanksgiving dinner number one, we then headed to my grandmas for dinner number two with MY family.  Then to the movies with HIS family.  And it's always some variation of those events every single year.  See what I mean?  It's crazy.

I have to admit though, I feel like a real adult now that we're the ones hosting Thanksgiving.  Isn't that funny?  After nearly 3 years of marriage I finally feel like a grown up.

 



  

No comments:

my info...

My photo
Wife of an academic. Lover of wine, coffee and yoga. Occasional blogger.