1.24.2009
Time.
Some days Chad and I don't get to spend a lot of time together. Some days (other than Chad giving me a kiss goodbye at 3:45am) we don't see each other at all... Those days suck. More often than not we get to spend a portion of our evenings together. Even if we only see each other for ten minutes, it's always the best part of my day. This whole opposite schedule thing was very upsetting for me when it first interrupted our relationship. But then I realized it's not about how much time you spend together... It's about the quality of time spent together. We have learned to appreciate the days that we do get to have off together. We do things we'd probably get tired of doing if we were able to do them all the time. Besides, do I really want us to be one of those couples who spend every waking second together? Who can't even blink without the other one present? Ugh, no way! I mean, I love Chad and all, but that's a little much. The fact that we don't see one another much isn't as bad as it could be. I mean, the whole reason we can't spend more time together is because of how much we work. And thank God we're able to work right now! I know so many people who have lost their jobs recently and are really hurting. I suppose it's bittersweet, but this situation is only for the present. After all, there will be a day when we're retired and all we'll be able to do is spend time together.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
my info...
- Lorene
- Wife of an academic. Lover of wine, coffee and yoga. Occasional blogger.
No comments:
Post a Comment