6.13.2012

Change

Since my last blog, there have been so many things changing for us.

We've gone to Oregon twice to visit campus and look for housing.  Of course, we also visited our dear friend, Santi, who lives in Portland. 

We have fallen in love with Oregon during our two visits.  The people are friendly, the food is good and the air is clean.  

Corvallis, where we'll be living, is an ideal location because of it's proximity to the ocean, the mountains and to Portland.  It's just about an hour to any of these things!    

Recently, we found out that because of the funding Chad will be receiving and the stipend he will get for teaching, I really won't have to work once we move.  

I'm sure I would go crazy if I didn't work for the next two years, but the idea that I wouldn't have to has taken a huge load off our shoulders.  In fact, Chad has convinced me to at least take the fall and winter to get adjusted and relax.  

In May, our lease was up and my parents graciously offered us to live with them (rent free) for the summer.  It's been a huge adjustment for us, and not entirely easy, but I am so grateful for their generosity.  

Most of our belongings are in a storage unit, and we took only the bare necessities with us to my parents' house.  

I have found that it's sort of nice being a minimalist.  Living with only what we absolutely need makes me want to go though our storage unit and throw a bunch of stuff away!  

We'll be leaving for our official move sometime near the beginning of September.  We don't have an official date, because we don't have an official place to live yet.  

We have found a place that we love, which we're on a waiting-list for.  

Apparently, OSU has more students coming in this fall than they have housing for; on campus or otherwise.  

We're just crossing our fingers that we get the place we love, and if not then we'll take yet another trip out there in August.  

Currently, we are just trying our best to still not tell anyone from work what our plans are for the fall.  We don't want to tell them too early, but it's been difficult since we are both so excited to move!

For now, here are a couple of photos from our recent trips to Oregon.  Enjoy!

Stumptown Coffee is probably the best thing ever.  

SANTI!!!

Multnomah Falls

The Columbia River Gorge 

Touring the campus at OSU... GO BEAVERS!!!




Art in the alley --Downtown Corvallis...

More art in the alley.



Newport, Oregon

The dock that washed up on the beach from the tsunami in Japan last year... It was pretty surreal to see in person.  

Touring the Yaquina Lighthouse




   

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW! so many exciting changes and things in store for you two!! Oregon looks gorgeous!!! I want to visit so bad!!!!

my info...

My photo
Wife of an academic. Lover of wine, coffee and yoga. Occasional blogger.