Howdy, folks!
Fall is finally here and our much anticipated move to Oregon is a thing of the past!
WE SURVIVED THE MOVE!
Things have been incredibly busy for us over the past few weeks. Between recovering from a ridiculously long drive, getting settled into our new place and already hosting a slew of family members, we've hardly had time to relax. It's been really wonderful though, even if it has been non-stop!
Oregon is amazing. The people are friendly, the air is clean and the weather is mild. Can you believe we've been here 3 weeks and it hasn't rained once! I know I'll regret saying this, but I am so excited for the rainy season, I almost can't stand it! ... Oh, and I can't possibly forget the food and drink! Oregonians take so much pride in serving the freshest food possible, and of course they take much pride in their Pinot Noir and craft-beer! It's heaven.
Here are a few pictures I've taken recently... My camera was packed away over the last couple of weeks, so please pardon the quality. Enjoy!
 |
Las Vegas to Boise to see Sister before heading to Oregon. FYI Nevada is B-O-R-I-N-G! |
 |
Dad and Sister. Love them! |
 |
| My pretty mom! |
 |
Yes, we have a stroller for our dog. We can take him pretty much EVERYWHERE now. Stop judging me. |
 |
| How beautiful is this? ... On our way to Oregon! |
 |
| The Columbia River Gorge is incredible. |
 |
| Mt. Hood in the distance! |
 |
Finally in Corvallis. My father was very impressed by the use of flowers on the garbage cans downtown. |
 |
| Farmer's Market done right! |
 |
| Ready to make some Farmer's Market Soup... It was delish! |
 |
| I've been to the beach twice already! It's less than an hour away! |
 |
| Nello's first beach experience! |
 |
| He loved it! |
 |
| Scallops. Mmm... |
 |
We thought about pretending Chad was blind so we could take him into the lighthouse with us... We didn't think the Big Guy Upstairs would appreciate that, so we didn't. |
 |
| Newport, Oregon |
 |
Last week I drove my little cousin, KT down to Eugene where she will be going to school. She's so stinking cute! |
 |
University of Oregon in Eugene. Yes, that's the same building some of Animal House was filmed in!
|
 |
| Playing checkers on campus. |
 |
| Fall is in the air! |
 |
Chad survived his first day of teaching college English! I'm so proud of him! |
 |
| Nello giving me sass! |
 |
| It's nice living so close to your best friend! |
 |
Beach shadows.
|
So, there you have it! We are really loving life here in the Pacific Northwest and we can't help but feel blessed that everything has worked out so well for us! The whole moving experience has felt risky and exciting and nerve-wracking, all at the same time. But I am very glad we took the leap of faith and did it... It's already paying off!
No comments:
Post a Comment