4.15.2011

St. Patrick's Day

Yes, I realize we're more than half way through April and I'm only just now posting pictures from St. Patrick's Day.  When we moved back in February, I somehow managed to misplace my USB cord for my camera.  And that my friends, is the reason for the delay in this post.  


This St. Patrick's Day we celebrated by having my parents over for dinner.  I made corned beef with cabbage, Irish soda bread and pear and whiskey bread pudding.  Mom and Dad brought the Guinness, because let's face it, it wouldn't really feel like St. Patty's Day without a little Guinness.  And we just ate and enjoyed each other's company.  Next to Thanksgiving, I enjoy this holiday most.  It might have a little to do with the fact that there is so much cooking involved with celebrating, but it also has a lot to do with feeling a deep connection to my Irish roots.  


Here are a few photos from our St. Patrick's Day... Enjoy!



Prepping for the feast!

Irish Whiskey, Irish cheese, Irish butter & Irish mustard.

Chad brought home green flowers to help celebrate.


And finally, Irish soda bread.  So delicious!
I hope everyone reading this is having a great spring so far!  Photos from our trip to Atlanta will be up soon!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This looks amazing!! I've never had a true Irish St. Patty's Day meal...someday though. :) Would love to have one of YOUR St. Patty's Day dinners.

my info...

My photo
Wife of an academic. Lover of wine, coffee and yoga. Occasional blogger.