7.18.2010

NYC adventures!

I can't believe it's been over a month since I've posted anything! There is so much to blog about, I only hope I can remember it all.

First of all, our NYC trip was amazing!  There is something so intoxicating about that city.  One day I'd like to live there... Even if it's only for a year or two.  I think it would be such a great experience.

Anyway, I took nearly 2,000 pictures while on vacation, and a month later I've only gone through about half of them.  There just aren't enough hours in the day!  I've narrowed it down to just a few pictures from each day to share here on my blog...  Enjoy!



Day 1: 








Day 2: 

Chad and I explored the Upper East Side today.  We had lunch at Dean & Deluca... So delish!  I wish they had a location in Vegas!  Then we met Kyna and Rik at the NBC building to watch a live taping of Late Night With Jimmy Fallon.  It was a blast!  Jimmy waved at me and all four of us were seen in the audience!  It was crazy!  After Jimmy Fallon we took Rik and Kyna to dinner at China Grill as a thank you for letting us stay with them our first few nights. 












 
 

 
Day 3: 

Day three was especially busy.  Kyna took up way up into Harlem for bagels.  We saw the cute little out door market on the way.  Vegas just doesn't have stuff like that!  After bagels in Harlem, we checked into the Grand Hyatt and then headed off to Battery park with our dear friend Lydia.  We took the Staten Island Ferry and got some cool views of the Statue of Liberty.  Had the most wonderful hot pretzel of my life at the ferry terminal and then we ended up at this really awesome park near Tudor City.  We just so happened to be there as the sun was setting and I got an awesome picture of the Chrysler Building from there!


















 

 



Day 4: 

By day four my feet were killing me!  I clearly wasn't thinking properly when I packed for this trip because I packed only flip flops.  Chad was nice enough to buy me a new (and really expensive) pair of shoes. Then w
e enjoyed cold beverages outside Lincoln Center while waiting for the ballet to start. 

After the ballet we headed down to Greenwich Village with Lydia to explore and eat dinner.  Our friend Rik joined us and we had a blast with them.  We ate at Otto Pizzeria... One of Mario Batali's restaurants.  IT WAS AMAZING!  They had a humongous wine list and surprisingly affordable salad, pasta and pizza. 



















 
Day 5: 

Today we wandered around the city with no plans or agenda.  It was nice to walk around with nowhere to be. On our way to breakfast we saw a homeless lady taking a dump on Lexington Avenue.  Needless to say, by the time we got to our destination we weren't all that hungry.  The coffee was good though! 

We walked around Saint Patrick's Cathedral... I got some pretty wonderful photos there but unfortunately, they were all accidentally erased.  I also lost some pretty awesome pictures of Central Park and Rockefeller Center.  I was pretty bummed, but that just means we need to go back soon, right? 
After exploring the cathedral we did the NBC studio tour.  The tour was especially fun once we ended up on the SNL set!  It was surreal. 

After wandering around for a few more hours, we went back to the hotel and got ready for dinner.  We ate at Capital Grille.  It was seriously one of the best meals of my life!  We did an unlimited wine tasting with dinner and it was quite the experience!  Luckily when you're in NYC you have the luxury of getting shit faced without having to worry about driving.  Oh how I love the subway!

After dinner we met Lydia in Brooklyn just as the sun was setting to get some pictures of the Brooklyn Bridge.  It was the perfect end to a perfect trip to New York City.   


     





So there you have it.  I left my heart in New York City. 

No comments:

my info...

My photo
Wife of an academic. Lover of wine, coffee and yoga. Occasional blogger.