I had such a wonderful birthday this year! It was a fun day full of shopping and spending time with the people I love most... It was really, really wonderful... I went shopping with mom in the morning. Then later, Whitney picked me up and spoiled the heck out of me. She took me to lunch, gave me an adorable dress AND gave me a gift card for Clinique. Needless to say, another lovely little shopping spree followed soon after lunch! After Whitney time, I treated myself to a manicure/ pedicure and then Chad came home from work and I was spoiled some more.
We've been busy planning our vacation to NYC, which means we've been on a pretty tight budget. With that said, I was trying really hard to make sure Chad didn't feel the need to go all out for my birthday like he does every year. My real birthday celebration will take place this Thursday when we see the Yankees play the Phillies at Yankee stadium! Woo!
Anyway, I really wasn't expecting a gift from Chad since we'll be spending so much money this week in NY, but he surprised me anyway. We had dinner at King's Fish House and he gave me the new Twilight soundtrack along with 2 tickets for the midnight showing of Eclipse! I was so surprised and it was so thoughtful of him! It was funny when he gave me the tickets though. There is how that conversation went...
Me: Oh my God! I can't believe you fucking got these tickets for me!
Chad: Yeah, you can take whoever you want...
Me: Well, I'm taking you, duh.
Chad: Good! That's what I was hoping you'd say!
I officially have the best husband in the world. Not only did he get me the most awesome birthday gifts, but my suspicions were confirmed. He's a TwiHard, too... Although he seems to be on team "hot female vampire" even though I made it clear to him that that team does not exist.
It was an unexpectedly busy and fun birthday and one that I won't soon forget!
In other news we leave for NY tomorrow night! We're taking a red-eye in and I'm praying I get some sleep since we have such a busy few days ahead of us.
We're going to see the Yankees Thursday night with our friends Rik and Lydia. Friday night we're going to a live taping of Late Night with Jimmy Fallon and then dinner at China Grill. Saturday we're off to see the Statue of Liberty/ Ellis Island with hopes of hanging around to explore Greenwich VIllage. Sunday we check into a pretty sweet hotel and I'm crossing my fingers that we can score tickets to see RED on broadway. No plans yet for Monday, but that's fine by me. I think that by the time Monday rolls around we'll be in serious need of rest, but we'll see!
Can't wait to blog from the Big Apple this week! I'm off to finish packing!
No comments:
Post a Comment