4.17.2010

Busy, Busy, Busy!

So, the upcoming week is probably going to be one the the busiest weeks I've had since I got married.  My dear friend Whitney is getting married one week from today, and as a bridesmaid I'm remembering now just how crazy weddings can be.  Whitney asked my father and I if we'd do the flower arrangements for the wedding.  Why did she ask my father to help with this you ask?  I know it's a bit strange, but he owned and operated a flower shop for 20 years back in New Jersey.  He was a brilliant florist and some of my earliest and favorite memories are of spending time in his flower shop.  


Last month I had Whitney and my dad over to discuss the flowers for the wedding.  I asked her how many flowers she ordered and she told us that she ordered 750 white roses.  750 WHITE ROSES?!?!  My first thought was, Holy shit.  How on earth are we going to do this?  But alas, we've recruited my mother, Chad, Chad's mom and brother and I believe Whitney's future mother-in-law to help with the de-thorning and trimming.  Once we do all that, putting the bouquets, boutonnieres and center pieces together will be easy... I hope.  Regardless of how stressful or time consuming the flower process will be, I'm thrilled she asked us to do this for her and I'm also looking at it as a father-daughter bonding experience.     


In addition to the wedding madness this week, (flowers, rehearsal, rehearsal dinner, etc.) we also have a friend Amy (who Chad went to Pepperdine with) staying with us during the beginning portion of the week.  It will be fun times no doubt but I don't want to be a neglectful host to Amy or a neglectful bridesmaid to Whitney.  I think I'll need a lot of yoga and wine to get through all this...


So today is my only day to clean my house and do a massive amount of laundry before Amy comes to town. So I think I'll start things off by getting my hair done... 


Peace out!             

No comments:

my info...

My photo
Wife of an academic. Lover of wine, coffee and yoga. Occasional blogger.