We went black friday shopping and had so much fun. We got this bedding set at Kohl's (the only difference between what we got and what's on the website is that the set we purchased is a 20 piece set for $150!) A 20 piece set?! I'm not even sure what that means, but I love it! I got this camera along with an extra lens and cool case from Best Buy and saved $300! I have to admit when I saw the amount of money I saved all I could hear was my father's voice saying, "You would've saved a lot more money if you didn't get it at all." But I don't regret it one bit-- It's just going to be torture not playing with it before Christmas day!
We decorated our little butts off this week. I always love decorating with Chad. We bust out the nifty hot chocolate machine his mom gave us and watch Christmas movies.
We got this really neat (and yes, slightly corny) tea light/oil burner. I love it and it makes my house smell beautiful!
We got a bargain on a real tree this year... I used to have a problem with having a real tree at Christmas. It's so sad to me that millions and millions of trees are chopped down each year for Christmas only to be thrown away 3 weeks later. But I've decided they're going to be cut down regardless, so I might as well get one; give it a makeover and a good home for a few weeks and then of course recycle it! Although, I haven't quite figured out where to take it to be recycled...
And then today, and pretty much all day was spent making decorative things with my dad. Like this to hang above my mother-in-laws door.
And this wreath for my front door. I seriously have so much fun making wreaths for each season and I love that my dad (who happens to be a former flower shop owner) helps me with them... It's sort of a bonding experience for us, and hopefully a hobby we'll be able to keep up with.
I'm sick of writing. Good night!
No comments:
Post a Comment