9.21.2009

I know it's super early, but...

I cannot wait for the holidays. I was thinking about how we are already more than half way through September, which means it's basically Halloween, which means it's basically Thanksgiving, which means it's basically Christmas time! I know I might be jumping the gun here, but I am so excited for the holidays this year! I'm excited to celebrate mine and Chad's second wedding anniversary (and sixth year anniversary together!). And for the radio stations to play Christmas music 24/7. I'm excited to dress Brunello up in ugly Christmas sweaters again and to decorate the house. I'm excited to bake all sorts of delicious Christmas cookies and bust out my cool hot cocoa machine. I'm excited for Black Friday and for my sister to visit for Christmas. A few other things I'm excited for include...

Snow.
I know it sounds corny, but didn't last year's snow make Christmas seem almost magical? I know the chances of another snow storm like that are pretty slim, but hey... A girl can dream, can't she?

Christmas movies. Especially Love Actually.
I'm excited to watch Love Actually with Chad while we decorate. It's an ongoing tradition we have, although I must admit, it's been awfully hard to resist the temptation of watching it all year! Some of my other favorite Christmas movies include: Elf, It's a Wonderful Life and The Polar Express. Oh, just typing those movie titles gets me all warm and fuzzy inside!

Holiday drinks at Starbucks.
Did anyone else try the Salted Carmel Signature Hot Chocolate they came out with last year? It was pretty awesome. Although, in my opinion it wasn't quite as awesome as their Gingerbread Latte. You know it's really close to Christmas when Starbucks rolls out their holiday drink list... A Starbucks insider (aka, Chad) told me that the drinks will be out on November 3rd. So, be sure to mark your calendars!
I have a feeling it'll be a good holiday season this year. I still can't believe it's just around the corner-- or, should I say basically around the corner.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't WAIT for holidays. haha...october is around the time when i start listening to christmas music. lol

my info...

My photo
Wife of an academic. Lover of wine, coffee and yoga. Occasional blogger.