A few of my current obsessions include...
Clinique's Superbalanced Foundation. For years I've been using Bare Minerals. It was a good fit for me for a while, but over the last 6 months or so, I've hated the way it feels on my face. I went with Whitney the other day to the Clinique counter for our annual "bonus time" outing and picked up some of their Superbalanced make-up and I LOVE it. The whole selling point of this particular foundation is that it "provides moisture and absorbs oil where needed". Needless to say, I love it. It feels like I'm not wearing any make up at all and gives me just the amount of coverage I need. It looks like $21 well spent!

Settebello. When Chad was living in Italy for school a few years back I got the opportunity to visit him. My time there with him was full of museums, ruins, wine and best of all, pizza. I may have had the best pizza of my life in Italy, but I felt cursed because it made me hate American pizza... Anyway, Chad and I stumbled upon Settebello a few months ago and it's become our weekly date night ritual. Their pizza is the most authentic Italian style pizza you'll find in town! All of the ingredients are imported from Italy and Settebello is one of only 12 pizzerias in the United States -- and the only one in Nevada -- to earn the Verace Pizza Napoletana certification sanctioned by the Italian government. So, yeah. They take their pizza seriously and it's seriously delicious! Not to mention, it happens to be conveniently located by Whole Foods at The District.

Animal, Vegetable, Miracle is a powerful book which conveys the importance of eating organic, locally grown food. Its a memoir written by Barbara Kingsolver, along with her husband and oldest daughter. It follows her family's journey as they leave their life in the desert to live on a farm in the mountains of Virginia. They make a vow that for one year they will only eat food that is either grown by them, or grown locally. This book will make you re-think what is in your pantry and will make you want to simplify the way you cook. It's not the type of book you can sit down and read from start to end over the weekend. It is very informative and at times is a lot to take in. So, if you do decide to pick up this book, I suggest to take your time with it and enjoy having your life changed! 

Eric Hutchinson. They played this song so much at work that I was able to memorize the lyrics and "google" them to see who sings it -- thank God for the internet or else I'm sure the lyrics would still be haunting me! Eric Hutchinson is his name, and his album is amazing! From start to end every song is catchy and lyrically clever. While this particular song isn't my favorite off his album, it's his first (and only) music video and hopefully not his last.
No comments:
Post a Comment