2.03.2015

Giving this a whirl (again).

A lot has changed since I've last posted.  We've move from Oregon to Ohio where Chad is now pursuing his PhD at The Ohio State University. 

This was a big move for us -- 2514 miles to be exact!  And it's come with an equal amount of nervousness and excitement, which I believe you can expect when picking up your whole life and starting a new life in a different and unfamiliar place.

We're still adjusting to life here in Columbus.  It's much different from what we had in Oregon, but that's not a bad thing.  I have to admit though, being in a big city again has definitely made me re-think whether or not I'm a big city girl, or a country girl.

I miss the peace and quiet which Oregon provided, but I love the convenience of having so much accessible when living in a large city.  For those of you who've never been to Columbus, it is much larger than I had originally thought, with 1.96 MILLION people living in the metro-area.  Columbus is surprisingly hip with trendy bars, restaurants and art galleries.  And of course, with it being the state capital, it is also full of fancy hotels and restaurants.  

When moving here, we were fortunate enough to find a charming little townhouse in a neighborhood called "The German Village".  It's located just 5 minutes south of downtown, yet somehow it feels like a quiet suburb.  It's filled with cobblestone streets, stunning Victorian homes made of brick, and a gorgeous park, which is just 30 seconds from our house.  

I'm not quite sure just how I feel about Columbus as a whole, but one thing is for certain, I do love living in The German Village.

Below are some photos from the past few months.







No comments:

my info...

My photo
Wife of an academic. Lover of wine, coffee and yoga. Occasional blogger.