If you had asked me four years ago, just before I was married, where I would be when I was twenty five, I probably would have said to you something to the effect of, "Well, Chad will be finished with his master's degree, we'll probably be living anywhere but in Las Vegas and maybe we'll even thinking about children."
And that my friends is funny to me.
I'm twenty five now and the person I thought I would be at twenty five couldn't possibly be more different that who I am today. The life I have now isn't anything like what I thought I'd have at twenty five, and guess what? I'm happy. In fact, I don't think I've ever been quite so happy in all my life.
Life hasn't gone according to plan these past four years and I am so thankful that it hasn't. We are in such a good place right now. No, Chad hasn't finished his master's degree yet, but he will. No, we haven't left Vegas since we moved back here in 2008, but we will. And NO we do not have children yet (thank heavens) but someday we will.
Right now we both have new jobs. Actually, we both have grown up jobs which is pretty weird. We're making more money (again, thank heavens) and we have goals for the next twelve months. BIG GOALS. Goals which will get us out of debt, fill our savings account back up, get Chad back into a Masters program and get us the heck out of Vegas.
We forgot about our goals somewhere between 2008 and 2010. We were happy, but we were in a rut. We were working all the time without making much money. We were doing things all the time, but never anything we really wanted to do.
And all of a sudden this shift happened in our lives. I can't tell exactly when it happened, but something just clicked with the both of us. I could give credit to God or the universe or myself or whatever. But regardless of what got us out of the weird rut we were in, we're out of it now. We're doing some pretty wonderful things and I couldn't be happier.
(If you have read this entire entry I would like to say thank you. I would also like to say that you have probably been a part of the cosmic "shift" we have had happen to us. And I say this because the three of you who are most likely to have read this entire post are an inspiration to me. You have and you are accomplishing things. Incredible things. Sometimes even risky things. And you guys are wonderful.)
3 comments:
HOLY SHIFT!
i love everything about this post!!! i love you guys so much! Can't wait to see where you'll end up next ;). New York City perhaps? haha...that would make me happy. This post is really inspiring to me, and I hope to work towards my goals like you guys are doing right now. Congrats on the jobs!! So exciting! Love you both!!
I love you, Santi Castilleja and Lydia Supplee!
Post a Comment