The last time I wrote I had just gotten back from Atlanta. At least I think that's the last thing I wrote about. You see, it's been so long that I've forgotten.
What's been going on since then? Let's see, shall we?
At the end of April we bought a new car. Well, sightly used actually, but new to us. It's a Jetta, and it's amazing. We got it because Chad's hand-me-down car, which he got when he went off to college had, in the last year or two, become a deathtrap. It would make scary grinding noises when braking, it most likely needed a new transmission AND it's seatbelt on the driver's sided stopped working about a year ago. But I guess those are the types of things that happen to a car that's 14 years old and had made around 50 trips back and fourth between Las Vegas and LA. Needless to say, it was time for something new and safe.
So, here it is. Our Jetta. Isn't she beautiful?
In May we celebrated Mother's Day and my mother-in-law's birthday...
In June I celebrated Whitney's Baby Shower (she's my first close friend to get knocked up, so it's kind of a big deal for me). I also celebrated my 25th birthday in June. I had to work all day, which was lame since Chad got my birthday off for the first time since we've been married. After work we went to dinner at a restaurant called Gaetano's. It was a fantastic meal, and I'm itching to go back there soon!
At the end of June we road-tripped in the new Jetta to Boise for my sister's wedding. It was such a fun time for us. We took Nello with us, which was great because every time we vacation without him we are embarrassingly lame and just talk about how much we miss him the entire time.
The time that we spent in Boise was really special. We were able to spend a bit of time with my sister before her big day which was great. And we also got to spend time with family we haven't seen in years.
Another fun thing about the wedding was that it was my first time being a wedding photographer. As a gift to my sister, I volunteered myself to be her wedding photographer in order to save them a bit of money. It was hard work, but I was so glad to have had the experience!
Here are a few of my personal favorite photos from the wedding...
Since the wedding, I've been keeping busy researching Yoga Teacher Certification programs, and Chad has been researching graduate schools. Our goals for the coming 12 months is to pay off debt, apply to graduate schools and for me to sign up for a Yoga program.
Also, this week I went on a job interview. Work at my current place of employment is almost unbearable, so I've been applying for jobs like crazy. It was not the best interview I've ever been on. I was ridiculously nervous, ended up totally going blank on the second or third question (my mind went blank you see, so I don't remember which one it was). After apologizing and telling the interviewer how nervous and embarrassed I was, I think things went better. At least, they didn't get worse. But, let's just say I won't be expecting any call-back from him. I guess it was at least a growing experience for me?
That's all for now. Until next time, I hope anyone who had enough patients to read this incredibly long blog is having a fantastic week!
1 comment:
Read this a while ago and meant to comment then!! So much to say!! I love your the cute new car! I love the photos from your sister's wedding...beautiful! And...yoga certification???!?! Awesome!!!! We have some catching up to do, lady!! :) Miss you!
Post a Comment