A few nights ago we made croque monsieur for dinner. If you like cheese, specifically melted, ooey-gooey cheese, then this is the sandwich for you! It's heaven. I thought it was going to be just like an ordinary grilled ham and cheese. But no. The French take it even further and slather the sandwich in a creamy Gruyere cheese sauce, and then (yes, there's more) sprinkle even MORE cheese on it before putting it under the broiler. The recipe is easier than I thought it would be... The most complicated part was the cheese sauce, and that only took us a few minutes to make. Make this and enjoy!
I'd like to thank the people of France for loving cheese enough to create this sandwich. Only the French could come up with something like this.
1 comment:
ahhhhh!!!! this looks amazing! considering i love cheese, i will just have to give this a try some time :). thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment