This month my uncle from NY was in town. We took him to Fados and I picked his brain a bit since he's a chef and I secretly wish I was one too. This month we paid off my car and I couldn't be happier about it. Not only has it been a pretty big financial burden, but it was also one of my New Years resolutions to pay it off early, so kudos to me for actually completing a resolution!
Also, last week was Whitney's bridal shower. I have been so blessed to have her in my life all these years and it is such an honor to be in her bridal party. The shower was one of the best I've ever been to. All eight bridesmaids worked so hard and the best part was seeing Whitney so happy.
For the shower I was in charge of drinks so I bought a TON of soda, water, ice and I also decided to make Sangria. I stayed up late the night before chopping fruit, making simple syrups and freezing excess fruit instead of using ice cubes in it. Needless to say, it was all wonderful until I put the five and a half liter container in my car on my way to the shower only to have five of those liters spill into my passenger seat. I was a mess. My car was a mess. The parking spot I use is still a mess. And even now I get worked up thinking about how I should have been more careful when I was loading my car. I ended up running by the store, picking up 4 more bottles of wine and fixing it at the shower. Thankfully it still ended up tasting great. Anyway, I thought I'd share some photos I took at the shower... Enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment