Remember about a month ago when I was all stressed out about the book of the month club my mother-in-law started? I was stressed over what book to suggest and I was stressed over the fact that I would be the youngest person in the group. Well, I was completely taken off guard when the nice middle aged ladies in the group decided to read Twilight for the month of October. Twilight?! To be completely honest I was a little upset that these ladies chose a book that was clearly written for a teenaged audience. Needless to say, I let the book collect dust on my coffee table for about 2 weeks before I finally picked it up. 8 days and probably about 200 "twilight" google searches later, I finished not just Twilight but all 4 books in the series. That's exactly 2,444 pages! What the heck happened to me? I'm always complaining that there aren't enough hours in the day to do normal things like eat food or take the dog for a walk-- But somehow I managed to read over two thousand pages in just over a week? I feel like an idiot for saying this, but I am completely obsessed. And I have a total crush on Robert Pattinson now. Poor Chad. In other news, I really can't believe I'm finally sitting down and writing in this blog. I've started and not finished this entry about 30 times now and it feels good to sit and write without really thinking. This has been one of the fastest and craziest years of my life and I really wish I'd taken more time to write. I think that will be one of my many New Years resolutions... To write more.
So, we're nearly finished with November. Thanksgiving is in 3 days and I've been spending all week planning out what I'll be contributing to my in-law's Thanksgiving feast. Chad's wonderful creamed sweet corn, of course. Homemade cranberry sauce, apple cider and butternut squash soup are just a few things I'll be cooking up. This month's Bon Appetit Magazine had some seriously delicious looking recipes that I'm thinking of trying. Like this turkey recipe. Or this recipe for Yams with Maple Syrup, Walnuts and Brandied Golden Raisins. I also picked up a really neat book on clearance at Williams-Sonoma this weekend. Its was only $1.99! The book is called "A Harvest of Pumpkins and Squash." It's absolutely amazing and I'm planning on making Cranberry-Pecan Pumpkin Drop Cookies from it. Are you hungry yet?
I'm off for now... I promise to write again soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment